- This event has passed.
Sunsets n’ S’mores: evening paddleboarding Meetup
August 27 @ 5:30 pm - 9:00 pm
Join Afros in Nature for an unforgettable event as we host our 3rd annual Sunsets N S’mores, an evening paddleboarding event for the BIPOC community. On August 27th, we’ll gather in Easton for an idyllic experience on the Delaware river, where we’ll peacefully float and bask in the breathtaking sunset together. After our tranquil paddle, we’ll head back to shore to indulge in a delectable s’mores buffet. As the night unfolds, we’ll continue the camaraderie with lively and engaging conversations in Scott Park. Don’t miss this opportunity to connect, unwind, and create cherished memories. See you there!
– special notes:
- all participants must know how to swim
- friendly dogs are welcome to join with their human. Nails must be trimmed and we’ll need to know their weight to be properly fitted with a life vest.
- If you have any accessibility needs, please let organizers know in advance so we can work together to meet your needs if possible. Email Outdoor Rec Coordinator Elizabeth Allen at el[email protected] with any specific questions or needs.
- Date: August 27, 2023
- Time: 5:30 – 9:00
- Meeting Point: Scott Park & Boat Launch: 130 Larry Holmes Drive, Easton PA 18042
What to Bring:
- Filled water bottle
- Bug Spray
- Camera or phone (don’t forget the waterproof case!)
- Snacks (optional)
- Chair or blanket for after the event
What to Wear:
- Swimsuit or clothing you’re Ok getting wet
- Clothes to change into after the float
- Water shoes/sandals or shoes you don’t mind getting wet
- Sun protection such as a lightweight hat and lightweight long sleeves
We at Afros in Nature believe the outdoors should be safe and accessible. Let’s work together to make that happen. We look forward to seeing you on August 27th.