- This event has passed.
Movies at the Mercer | DIRTY DANCING (1987): Outdoor Screening
September 21 @ 7:30 pm
Put down those watermelons and gather your gal pals for a swoon-worthy screening of the essential ’80s dance classic DIRTY DANCING! While spending the summer with her family at a stodgy resort in the Catskills, a young girl falls in love with the camp’s bad-boy dance instructor. Swayze is perfect as the resident heartthrob, while the soundtrack and movie still resonate over three decades after its release. Starring Patrick Swayze, Jennifer Grey, and Kelly Bishop.
WHAT TO KNOW:
• Gates open at 6:30 pm and the movie will begin at dusk (around 7:30 pm).
• County Theater staff will be on hand at our check in table. If you purchased tickets online, we’ll either ask to scan the barcode provided in your booking confirmation email — or we’ll ask for you to provide us with your first and last name. Tickets will also be available for purchase at the door.
• If you pre-purchased popcorn with your ticket you may pick it up when you check-in.
• A limited number of popcorn boxes ($5 each) and water bottles ($2 each) will be available to purchase at the screening. We accept either exact change or a credit card.
• Please Bring Your Own Chair or Blanket as seating will not be provided.
• Limited parking is available in the museum lot, but walking and biking are encouraged.
• There are open bathrooms located within the Mercer Museum lobby. Please ask either Mercer Museum or County staff for help in case you have trouble finding it.
• Keep in mind that a can of bug repellent comes in handy while watching an outdoor movie.
• In the event of inclement weather (such as rain or high winds) we’ll be moving our outdoor screening of DIRTY DANCING to Tuesday, September 26.
Our 2023 MOVIES AT THE MERCER series occurs on the 3rd Thursday of each month on the green of the Mercer Museum. This outdoor screening series is a collaboration between the Mercer Museum, the County Theater and the Moving Picture Cinema.